Application for post office box may not be approved until the applicant’s identity and local current permanent physical address is verified!
Two items of valid I.D.; one must contain a photo.
- Valid drivers’ license or state I.D.
- Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate I.D. card.
- Passport, alien registration card, or certificate of naturalization.
- Current lease, mortgage, or deed of trust.
- Voter or vehicle registration card.
- Home or vehicle insurance policy.
- I.D. presented must be current. Social Security cards or credit cards and birth certificate are unacceptable as I.D.
This information is found in the POM, Section 841.122